• Groote eylandt mining


Related details

1.Groote Eylandt including Angurugu, Alyangula and Umbakumba A major mining operation off the coast of Arnhem Land Groote Eylandt, which is Dutch meaning 'big island' or 'large island', is located 630 km from Darwin by air and lies off the east coast of Arnhem Land in the Gulf of Carpentaria

2.Groote Eylandt group Location and Description Groote Eylandt, which is located off eastern Arnhem Land in the Gulf of Carpentaria, is the third largest island in Australia, and the associated archipelago includes over 40 smaller islands Groote Eylandt is characterised by extensive lateritic plains, rugged sandstone plateaux and hills in the central and southern parts of the island, and large

3.Groote Eylandt Lodge accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival See availability The fine print Please note that there is a 15% charge when you pay with a Visa or Mastercard credit card

4.Project Description The mining operation at BHP's Groote Eylandt Mining Company GEMCO on an island in the Gulf of Carpentaria off the coast of the Northern Territory in Australia, was commissioned in 1965 and extracts high grade manganese ore using opencut, strip mining methods

5.Groote Eylandt and Bickerton Island Transport Service In 2014 the Groote Eylandt Aboriginal Trust GEAT purchased two new Toyota 22 seater Coaster Buses with the aim to: Create an alternate transport system for the people of Umbakumba, who did not own a personnel vehicle and required access to Angurugu, the main servicehub and the mining

6.Groote Eylandt is the largest island in the Gulf of Carpentaria and the fourth largest island in Australia It is the homeland of, and is owned by, the Warnindhilyagwa who speak the Anindilyakwa language

7.Groote Eylandt Mining Company GEMCO is a manganese mining operation located in the Northern Territory, Australia South32 Limited owns 60 per cent of GEMCO and Anglo American Plc holds the remaining 40 per cent

Contact us